- You can't be selfless. No matter what, it's always because you want to.
- You can't behave unnaturally. You are part of nature.
- You can't be busy. Ok, this is a bit more debatable than the others, but I basically always have stuff to do. If I take a break, I'm busy relaxing.
- Funny quote from Scott Aaronson:
I'm telling you, if a giant asteroid were going to hit the earth in a week, the first question academics would ask would be how to beat out competing proposals for the "$50-million Deflection of Space-Based Objects" initiative at NSF.
- You know you travel too much when you forget which light switches match with which lights in your own home.
- Saw this in the NYTimes feed by George Johnson on Meta Physicists (I mention it only because I didn't see any of the usual 6' 5" suspects mention it).